Saturday, October 20, 2012

Here fishy, fishy

The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow. Jim Hightower 


We read the Rainbow Fish. I asked if anyone wanted to make a rainbow fish and two of my three said, "Yes!"
I love ASKING QUESTIONS. It leads to all sorts of creativity. I asked my children, "What should we use to make the shiny scales on the fish?"  Originally, I was going to put out aluminum foil and say, "Look what we can use for the scales!" Instead, I wanted to see what they came up with.
And, of  course, pure brilliance: Corn flakes!
My daughter decided that they looked like scales. And I agree!


I love asking my kids, "Can you think of anything to do with this...or should I just recycle it?"
There was an immediate need for this box which was promptly turned into a space helmet and then they were off to explore other galaxies


These fish were wrapping paper cut outs. I had my son group them into schools. Later we cut them out, attached paper clips and went fishing for them with a magnet.


We had a discussion about volcanoes, anger and self-regulation...more on that in the future.


The ever-popular fishing game



Still life drawing- step 1


Step 2



A few rounds of Mancala


Scrape art-more fish love


Dinosaur drawings

No comments: