Sunday, September 11, 2011

Interview with a five year old

I saw this interview over at Ordinary Life Magic and wanted to try it with my gang.
Here is the interview with my five year old.

1. What is something I always say to you?Hmmm. I don't know. That question is really hard to answer.Take some time to think about it."I need tape! I need tape! That's what you always say, "I need tape!" (Raises her hands in the air dramatically)
2. What makes me happy?
uhhhh...when I make you feel good.

How do you make me feel good?
Well, sometimes I make you food snacks and bring them to you.
Yes, that does make me feel good.

3. What makes me sad?When you cry, that makes you sad.
What makes me cry?
Well, you cry out in pain when you stub your toe. Or when someone dies or gets kidnapped, that makes you sad. And that's all I know.

4. How do I make you laugh?Tickle me. Like when we play Pickle. *** (see bottom for instructions)

5. What was I like as a child?
I don't really remember.I've told you some stories, what was I like in those stories?
Now that's a good question Let me think for a moment. (she pauses). One story that you told me was that you would run down your driveway and go down the sidewalk and jump into the creek at the end of the driveway. That was really funny.
There are no sidewalks in the country. I grew up in the country, remember?
What? There's no sidewalks in the country? You are kidding my eyeballs out!
Nope, not kidding. No sidewalks.
You will have to show me that sometime.

6. How old am I?32. Are you?Yes.
I knew it!

7. How tall am I?
30 feet.
Not quite.Let me measure you then.
(using her fingers she measures me to b e 18 pinches)

8. What is my favorite thing to do?
Be silly
9. What do I do when you’re not around?
You be sad.Am I sad because you aren't with me.
That's right!

10. If I become famous, what will it be for?Mommy, there is something I am trying to reach. Now,I can't speak right now because I am busy, busy, busy. I just need to try and get this thing.
Did I interrupt you?
Yes, you did.
I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were busy.
Could you ask me later once I'm done?
You bet.
Later...If I become famous, what will it be for?
Painting.
11. What am I really good at?
You are good at snuggling me.
"
How do you know I'm good at it?"
Because you are soft and warm.
"Is there anything else I'm really good at?"
Making spaceships, and you are very good at sleeping.

12. What am I not very good at?
Not very good at sword fighting.
Anything else?
Walking with a cane.

13. What do I do for a job?
Go to the store in town. That's easy to answer.What's my job at staying home?
um, laying down?

14.What is my favorite food?
Maranatha peanut butter and honey sandwiches
Like the ones you make for me?
Yeah.

15. What makes you proud of me? Because you pretend to eat me.When I pretend to tickle you?
Yeah.
Maybe I can phrase the question differently. What do you like about me being your mom?
You tickle me.
Anything else?
Nope.

16. If I were a Robot on the movie ROBOTS , who would I be?
Aunt Fanny. But you wouldn't have the big bum that she has!
17. What do you and I do together?
Have special dates, snuggle, tea parties with my dolls, pray
18. How are you and I the same?We're not the same.Are we alike in any way?
I don't know what that means, so I can't answer that.

19. How are you and I different?Different voices, different eyesight--you need glasses, I don't. We dress differently. We have different coloured hair. We don't read the same books everyday. We don't use the same toothpaste. We look different. We have different looking ears from each other.
Now that you know how we are different. How are we the same?
We like some of the same songs. Well, you have necklaces and I want them. (haha!)
I know something that is the same...the toy kangaroos belong to both of us.
Sometimes we make the same faces. Sometimes the same smiles.

20. How do you know that I love you?
Because you do!
By telling me, hugging me, kissing me, playing with me, snuggling me, by keeping most of your promises, and hmmmm....
Any other ways that I show you I love you?
Because you say, "I love you" and you give me a kissing hand*** when we can't be
together.



Kissing Hand
Taken from the book, the Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn.


How to Play Pickle

Sit your child down and tell them that you are going to tickle her/him.
When they want you to stop they need to say "Pickle."

Start tickling them.
Your child will say "Pickle."
Then you say, "Tickle? Did you just say tickle? Ok. I'll tickle you!"
That usually makes them say Pickle louder, so that means you tickle harder.
And so on and so forth until vast amounts of merriment have taken place and your child is begging you to stop.

No comments: