Monday, February 7, 2011

Friday February 4th 2011-Chinese New Year

Gung Hay Fat Choy

We had some wonderful friends over today to celebrate Chinese New year.
My hubby was on hand for a bit and I got a few photos. Nothing makes me miss my camera more than a party

Here's some of the fun

Dragon making--egg carton dragons--see here
Read A Grain of Rice
Played Chopstick races
Made and ate Spring rolls, noodle wrapped shrimp, and won-tons. yum!
Homemade Chinese Fortune cookies with encouraging scriptures tucked inside
Ink drawings and characters
Creating a play out of a Grain of Rice
Red Jell-o cut-outs of rabbits--it's the year of the Rabbit!
Qwirkle
Painting
Outside play
Costumes and dress up

and the overwhelming feeling that my eldest said best: "When our friends leave, suddenly it feels boring and the house feels empty."



No comments: