Saturday, March 20, 2010

How do you celebrate Christ?

With the Easter season fast approaching, I was recently asked how we celebrate Sunday morning on Easter weekend.
Here's one idea I'd like to share.

We paint a huge cross on newsprint paper and then hang it on our wall.
For the next few weeks any time an attitude, behaviour or sin makes an appearance, we repent of it and then write it down on a sticky note and stick it to the cross. We also add things that we'd like to see healing in our lives for whether physical or emotional.
On Saturday evening we will review all that's on the cross and talk about sin and how Christ has redeemed us and set us free.
On Sunday morning when the kids wake up, they will arise to find that all the sticky notes that had our sin written on it have been replaced with hearts. The hearts will say things like, "Forgiven", "It is finished", "I love you", "Paid for", etc.

Christ has set us free and it's worth celebrating in the most visual ways possible! Don't you agree?

What does your family do?
Check out this idea which we will incorporate next year once I get one of these.

2 comments:

Camie said...

Oooh I LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing!

Camie

I think I just might to this tomorrow!

Cathy said...

I wish I had run across this earlier. It looks really neat. Perhaps I will remember next year.

Cathy